Mayfair Art Weekend will return for its 5th year from 29th June – 1st July, taking over Mayfair and St James’s with a full programme of events, talks, tours and artistic activations.
The weekend provides an insight into this unique art district and a chance to experience the unparalleled artistic knowledge, quality and diversity to be found within Mayfair’s and St. James’s art community.
* Over 40 of Mayfair & St James’s galleries, auction and fashion houses will stage a rich array of exhibitions, tours, panel discussions and installations.
* Join the Long Artists’ Lunch(Sunday 1 July, 12-5pm) in Burlington Gardens, Royal Academy of Arts, hosted by acclaimed British artist and Royal Academician Bob & Roberta Smith.
* A major installation will see the central Victorian gallery of Mayfair’s famous shopping gallery, Burlington Arcade, transformed with 2000 paper flowers, by French designer Mathilde Nivet.
* The weekend will kick off with the Gallery HOP! (Friday 29 June, 6-8pm) – with late openings and Sipsmith Gin cocktails.
* Creative partner Max Mara will host a talk with Whitechapel Gallery director, Iwona Blazwick on history of the Max Mara Art Prize for Women.
* As part of its 250th anniversary celebrations, the Royal Academy of Arts will hold a free arts festival.
You may also like
Faded Grandeur have created this beautiful typogra...
Arundel Castle in West Sussex will take visitors o...