Jersey is not only the perfect destination to experience the island break, ‘tis also a festive holiday escape, perfect for embraceing the season with a whole host of Christmas activities.
From Christmas markets in St. Helier to an ice skating rink at Fort Regent and the annual Christmas day swim at Quaisne, #theislandbreak is ensuring festive lovers celebrate the season in style.
Check out some of the best Christmas events in Jersey this year:
- St Helier Christmas Lights Switch On – A magical evening of live entertainment and festive activities in St Helier on Thursday 23 November. Join Santa’s parade at 18:00, who will leave from Millennium Town Park, as he makes his way through town switching on the Christmas lights. The parades will pause in the Royal Square for the official Christmas lights switch on and firework display at 18:40, before continuing on to the Weighbridge.
- Simply Christmas Markets – A vibrant and colourful Christmas market showcasing Jersey’s finest artisans. Simply Christmas is set in the unique location of Grève de Lecq Barracks from Friday 24 to Sunday 26 November. Featuring an amazing array of local artists, craft workers, producers and food artisans, the three-day event brings you beautiful gifts, live music, great food, creative workshops and more.
- Genuine Jersey Spirit of Christmas Markets – The Genuine Jersey Spirit of Christmas Markets will bring St. Helier to life over 8 days of festive celebration from the 7 to 10 December, and then again from the 14 to 17 December. Some 18 local traders will be selling seasonal food and locally produced art and craft items at each of the four-day events which will be free to enter. The perfect place to find a unique gift this Christmas.
- Ice Skate Jersey at Fort Regent – Ice Skate Jersey is returning to the Queen’s Hall at Fort Regent this year from Thursday 7 to Sunday 14 January. The ice rink will be a part of the Fort’s larger festive event so there will be lots happening ‘under the dome’. Perfect for a day of festive fun this Christmas.
- Christmas Day Swims – Traditionally held by the Smugglers Inn at Ouaisné and the Watersplash, St. Ouen these swims are always very popular. They take place at various bays around the island, and will be rasing money for Jersey Hospice Care and other local charities.
For more information on Christmas events across Jersey this year, please visit www.jersey.com/christmas-events
You may also like
18 November–24 December 2017 Visit Lapland UK, A...
Wynyard Hall is to transform into the ultimate fes...